Monday, November 14, 2005
About Me
- Name: MoencopiHopi
- Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Raised about as traditional Hopi as you could get from 1965 throught 1984. Then I left Hopi and struck out on my own, experiencing severe culture clash in a city only 75 miles from my home village I endured my own style of learning-as-a-lifestyle,including trips back home to remember who I am, to finally achieve some measure of success (by white people's standards) 13 years later by graduating with a bachelors degree in Psychology and a masters degree in Social Work 10 years following that. It's been an interesting life to get to this point! It's taken me from the hot deserts of Arizona to the cold wet of Washington state and the armpits of the world via metal prisons (USS Carl Vinson wohoo)! Life as a sailor, as a student, as a city Hopi has made it difficult to use Hopi on a daily basis. I've decided to adapt! Reading someone else' blog inspired me to do my own, but in HOPI!!! Words in quotes I was not able to find the Hopi translation to or could not make it up (yet). I would like other Hopi readers to read, offer grammar corrections, or add their own Hopi replies. Pay yaasa'


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home